Oh Monday, you were too good to me. Seriously… Monday? Is that you? This felt like a Thursday, worst case scenario. I had a great day.
- I didn’t have any problems finding something to wear.
- There was no traffic on the way to or from work.
- It was overcast today (much cooler) but never rained. Win!
- I had Cinnamon Chex (gluten free!) for breakfast. Holy Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Batman. This stuff is gonna be dangerous.
- I finally got to meet my customer today. They are super nice and my lead reminds me of Patrick Swayze a little. If he could just say “Nobody puts Baby in a corner”, I’ll never ask for another present, Santa Claus.
- I actually got to do some work today and I enjoyed it. Someone smack me.
After work, I met Adam and the kids at the gym. I had a brief run, but couldn’t get into my strength training workout. I skipped out a little early and came home to start dinner. I recreated a casserole with canned (Amy’s Kitchen) chili instead of homemade. I definitely wasn’t as good, but it was still tasty. I also cooked up these yummy green beans on the side.
Yummy Green Beans
- 1 package frozen green beans, cooked as directed.
- 1/2 medium onion chopped.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil or butter
- 1/4 cup gluten free corn meal
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Sauté onion in butter or olive oil until translucent
- Add garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add corn meal. Stir and combine for 1 minute.
- Add cooked green beans and cook for on minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Both of these dishes were a huge hit with the kids. Adam commented that the green beans reminded him of Thanksgiving because of the cornmeal. He said it was reminiscent of cornbread dressing and that’s never a bad thing.
I would be overjoyed if my Tuesday turned out half as good as my Monday. Yeah, I just said that.